AP coordinators take the following steps in AP Registration and Ordering to move a student to later exam administration. These steps are about changing the exam date for one student at a time. You can also choose to change the exam dates for multiple students at a time per course. Learn more about switching multiple students to a later exam administration.
To change an individual student’s exam date:
1 Go to the student roster in AP Registration and Ordering
2 For the student and subject: From the Exam Date column, select the new exam date (for Administration 2 or Administration 3).
3 After selecting the new exam date, a screen will pop-up where you’ll need to provide additional details to finalize the exam date change:
- Select the reason for switching the student to a later exam administration (see “Indicate Reason for Changing Exam Date” below).
- If moving a student to a digital exam, you’ll need to indicate if the student will be testing in school or at home, and attest that the student knows they’re being scheduled for a digital exam and meets digital testing requirements.
- If moving the student to a paper exam, you’ll need to attest that the student knows they’re being scheduled for a paper exam.
4 Important: When you’re done making changes to any exam dates in the student roster, go to the Orders page and submit the changes. If updates to your order aren’t submitted by the deadline to move a student to a student to a later exam administration, the student won’t be able to test.
Best Practice: Check for unsubmitted changes anytime you’re in AP Registration and Ordering and before signing out.
You’ll be able to view your student roster based on testing location—at home or in school—after you’ve submitted changes to students’ exam dates.
Confirming Accommodations for Digital Exams
If you switch a student with any approved accommodations on record from an exam during Administration 1 to a later digital exam administration, you’ll need to also review and confirm that student’s accommodations for the digital exam on the student details page. See Moving Students with Accommodations from a Paper Exam to a Digital Exam.
Indicate Reason for Changing Exam Date
When you move a student’s exam date to Administration 2 or Administration 3, you need to indicate a reason for the exam date change, as in previous years when moving a student to late testing. As per usual, most reasons don’t incur an additional fee.
The following reasons can be indicated to address this year’s circumstances:
- Select Covid 19: Social distancing requirements or lost instruction time if students need to test during Administration 2 or Administration 3 because:
- Your school is unable to test students during the first administration due to social distancing requirements, or
- Your school is unable to test students during the first administration because additional instructional time is needed, or
- Local policies or conditions don’t allow in-person testing at all.
- Select school closing: election, national holiday, or natural disaster if students need to test during Administration 2 or Administration 3 because your school has experienced closures or delays due to the coronavirus.
These are the later testing reasons that don’t incur an additional fee:
- Academic contest/event
- Athletic contest/event
- Conflict with IB or Cambridge exam
- Conflict with nationally, province-, or state-mandated test
- Covid-19: Social distancing requirements or lost instruction time
- Disabilities accommodations issue
- Emergency: bomb scare or fire alarm
- Emergency: serious injury, illness, or family tragedy
- High school graduation
- Language lab scheduling conflict
- Religious/holiday observance
- School closing: election, national holiday, or natural disaster
- Strike/labor conflict
- Student court appearance
- Two AP Exams on the same date at the same time