The information on this page is about ordering exams for the 2020 AP Exam administration. If you need to access the AP Ordering site from the 2019 exam administration—for instance to revise your 2019 invoice—click here to go to AP Ordering.
AP Registration and Ordering
New! AP Exam ordering deadlines have been updated for the 2019-20 school year:
- October 4, 2019: Preferred exam ordering deadline
- November 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET: Final exam ordering deadline
- March 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET: Spring course orders and fall order changes deadline (deadline to order exams for AP courses that begin after November 15 and to submit changes to your fall exam orders)
Review the Annual Calendar and Deadlines for 2019-20.
New! AP coordinators will submit exam orders through AP Registration and Ordering in 2019-20. The AP Participation Form must be electronically signed and submitted online through AP Registration and Ordering before you can order exams. You’ll need to complete initial setup in AP Registration and Ordering to generate your AP Participation Form. Important: If your school’s exam order is submitted after November 15 because your school’s AP Participation Form wasn’t submitted, the $40 per exam late order fee will apply to each exam included in your order.
For a complete overview of the AP Exam ordering process, please review the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1 and the following Accessing and Using AP Registration and Ordering pages:
- Initial Access and Setup in AP Registration and Ordering
- Class Section Creation and Join Codes
- Student Enrollment
- Exam Order Finalization
Visit Late-Testing Policies for the late-testing schedule and information about late-testing policies.
Go to Exams Requiring Special Preparation if you’re ordering any of these exams: AP French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish Language and Culture; AP Spanish Literature and Culture; AP Computer Science Principles; AP Music Theory; AP 2-D Art and Design, AP 3-D Art and Design, AP Drawing; or AP Capstone (AP Seminar and Research).
Determine if you need extra master CDs. For AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam, some schools administer the speaking or sight-singing parts of the exams in multiple rooms. If you plan to do this, you should order master double CD sets or sight-singing CDs for each testing room. You’ll also need extra master CDs if you have students using accommodations such as extended time that require separate testing rooms. For more information, go to AP Music Theory or AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture.
New! Order Score Labels and Free-Response Booklets. You can order score report labels and free-response booklets from the 2020 AP Exam administration through AP Registration and Ordering. The deadline to submit these requests is March 13, 2020.
Special Ordering Circumstances
See specific policies for the following situations:
- Courses that begin after November 15
- Homeschooled students, independent-study students, and students from other schools (including virtual schools)
- Schools that administer AP Exams but don’t offer AP courses
- Schools that do not administer AP Exams
- Students testing with accommodations
- Transfer students to or out of your school