AP Potential™ is a research-driven, free web-based tool that will help you identify AP students and choose the AP courses that interest them. AP Potential is rooted in a long line of research showing that PSAT/NMSQT scores, and by extension SAT scores, predict performance on specific AP Exams — often with more accuracy than other traditionally used methods.
Available for any school, district, or state that administers any test in the SAT Suite of Assessments, this powerful resource will enable you to:
- Support access to AP for all academically prepared students
- Develop a robust AP program by identifying whether your school should expand its course offerings and/or increase the number of sections of AP courses already offered
- Reduce time to recruit new AP students
- Meet college and career readiness accountability measures
Go to AP Potential and sign in to your College Board account. You can sign up for an account on that page if you do not have one.
What You’ll Get with AP Potential:
Other Data to Consider
- Although AP Potential is an important evaluative tool, it should never be used as the sole criterion for placement in AP courses. Appropriate use of this tool is essential.
- Other important factors include: individual student motivation and preparation, parental support, and teacher efficacy.
- The College Board strongly encourages educators to make equitable access a guiding principle for their AP programs by giving all willing and academically prepared students the opportunity to participate in AP.